Countdown to Baby

 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Banana smoothie- yummy


A few weeks back a Dominican friend of mine made me a banana smoothie when I was visiting in her home. Since then I have thought about making one in my own home but was sure it was loaded with sugar, like most good Dominican beverages, and didn't want to have to feel guilty about the extra calories and refined sugar. So today my craving got the best of me and I ventured out into the world wide web to find a simple banana smoothie recipe. I was happy to find one cooks.com. Here it is:

BANANA SMOOTHIE
1 c. milk
1 ripe banana, cut into halves
1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
1-3 ice cubes
Place milk, banana, vanilla and ice cubes in blender container; cover. Process for 20 seconds. Pour into glass. Serve and enjoy. Yields: one smoothie.

I am pleasantly surprised that the smoothie was tasty without the added sugar! I doubled the recipe which really then makes 3 servings. I made a double portion thinking my son would enjoy the cool beverage on this hot afternoon. But though he said it was good, he was too busy playing to drink it, so I drank his portion too! So I am satisfied as my tummy is full of smoothie yumminess and my baby is thrilled to have gotten a extra special dose of calcium and potassium today.

No comments:

Post a Comment