Wednesday, April 28, 2010
As you can tell, I really would like to avoid another c-section, but I'm afraid that is right where I am headed. It has been really frustrating for me. I have explained the feeling like that of being in a car accident. You can see that you are about to crash but the you can't avoid it. So you brace for impact and hope that it doesn't hurt too much or cause too much damage. Fortunately for me, this is REALLY slow motion, so I still have a few months before the "accident" is on course to occur. So that is where I am right now, looking to come up with some creative defensive moves before the crash occurs and instead enjoy a natural birth to greet our new baby.
Thursday, April 22, 2010
The journey continues. I had really looked forward to meeting with this new OB tonight. In a town where only OB's deliver babies and most by c-section, I had heard good things about him. I heard that he actually delivers babies vaginally, so I was looking forward to meeting him. Though much more friendly than other providers, he and I weren't exactly on the same page. He told me that a c-section is better than a VBAC. But I can have a vaginal delivery if I want since my son will be 4. Because according to him you should wait 4-5 years after a c-section before attempting a VBAC. He also said if the baby appears larger than 8lbs by ultrasound, it's a c-section. Upon inquiry he told me that all vaginal deliveries require episiotomies, especially white women because we loose the elasticity in our skin so quickly. So I am wondering, where is this guy getting his "facts"? The sad news is, he's the best option I have right now. He practices at the best clinic in town and offers reduced rates. So the search continues, at least a week more. At 17 weeks unless I find someone else next week, he looks like the lucky doc! Lucky me! :)